Thursday 13 – 80s Movies

header from samulli

I wasn’t able to post for this week’s Monday Movie Meme so I decided to incorporate it with this week’s Thursday 13!

Here are 13 movies that I remember from the 80s:

1. The Princess Bride (1987)
  2. Field of Dreams (1989)
  3. Back to the Future (1985)
  4. The Lost Boys (1987)
  5. Dead Poets Society (1989)
  6. Short Circuit (1986)
  7. Mannequin (1987)
  8. Some Kind of Wonderful (1987)
  9. Dirty Dancing (1987)
  10. Karate Kid (1984)
  11. Stand By Me (1986)
  12. Return of the Jedi (1983)
  13. Superman II (1980)

For more lists, check out http://thursday-13.com/

Comments

1. momstheword says:

I saw some of these movies!!! We loved Princess Bride, and I thought Back to the Future was fun but the language wasn't so great.

2. The Bumbles says:

Do you know we never saw The Princess Bride until a few years ago?! What a great movie that is.

I liked Field of Dreams too – but Bull Durham was my favorite baseball movie – also from the '80's and also featuring Kevin Costner.

Thanks for playing along – no worries about being late. There's no time limit :0)

3. Dirty dancing would be my favorite!

4. Adelle Laudan says:

The 80's hair left much to be desired, but there sure were some great movies. Great list
    Happy T13!

5. hi uu nga me music ehehe ang ganda ng music eheheh uunapanood ko n iyun nag downlload ako eheheh =) wala magwa nakaka bugnot sa house lng….mnsan play with the kids kso mnsan kakawsawa dn cartoons ehehehe =)

6. Alice Audrey says:

I remember all of those except for Lost Boys.

7. I love some of these movies…but I think I watched them a decade later though.

8. some of those movies rocked my life 😀

like seriously
    😀

Happy TT

9. Anonymous says:

Ha, I'm 17 and I saw The Princess Bride when I was 13. My Mom used it as a "We never talk anymore or have anything in common" icebreaker. Now we're watching breakfast club and RHPS and all of those amazing cult classics. In fact my stepmom just rented the lost boys and silver bullet for us to watch together. The 80's were definitely amazing.

10. This was fun.

11. Great list! #1 is one of my fave movies of all time 🙂 Happy TT and thanks for the visit 🙂

12. I guess I haven't seen Field of Dreams. I remember watching Back to the Future eating humba :-), and I just love Dead Poets Society. I have the DVD in my collection. Thanks for bringing back memories. Great list.

13. Brenda ND says:

I really enjoyed "The Princess Bride," both the movie and the book. Actually the book is funnier. Happy TT!

14. The 80's had some really good movies; most of my favorites come from this decade, LOL!

Happy Thursday to you.

15. I am Harriet says:
  16. Hootin' Anni says:

I've seen 'em all. And still quote from Short Circuit….We danc-ed and Johnny 5 alive…Disassemble? No disassemble!!!! hehehehehe

My 13 is now posted. All about mockingbirds and photos of a nest of three. Come by and see if you have a chance.

17. Living It, Loving It says:

Great choices. The 80s was definately a good era. Happy TT!

18. Julie@Momspective says:

I have the Princess Bride Computer Game and I love it! I'm watching "Adventures In Babysitting" right now, but I think that might be more 90's.

19. Julia Smith says:

The Princess Bride, Back to the Future, Dirty Dancing and Return of the Jedi are all faves of mine.

20. I loved Karate Kid (Wax on, Wax off – great scene), Field of Dreams and the Dead Poets Society (Robin Williams is one of my favourite actors).

21. They are all my favorite movies!!! Especially #6, 7, 9 and 13.

Here's mine

22. perpstu says:

What a great list! I love every one of those movies, especially Dead Poet's Society.

23. CountryDew says:

I've seen all but two of those. Dirty Dancing is one of my favorites; I can watch that one over and over.

Great TT.

24. for the first time, I think I've seen all of the movies on your list! happy TT

25. Susan Helene Gottfried says:

Oh, man. My Netflix queue is big enough without this odd, sudden craving to watch all these again! Man, they were some good movies.

26. ~3 Sides of Crazy~ says:

Some of my faves are on that list! FUN!

27. Smittenly Written says:

Some Kind of Wonderful…classic!!! I loved your list…Number 5 and 7 too. Good stuff… 😉