Thursday 13: My Daughter is Growing Up!

The other day, we were cleaning up my kids’ toy boxes. I had major realizations about her…

1. My daughter who is now 6 years old, hardly plays with toys now.
2. She told me that she only wants to keep her Barbie toys, cellphone toys and wallets.
3. She has more art materials now, like pencils, color pencils, crayons, markers, crafts materials and learn to draw books.
4. She also has more books and magazines. She loves to read them!
5. She loves to make books. She likes to write.
6. She has been trying to make songs. Well, lyrics of songs actually.
7. She likes to work with her hands. From papers, tissue rolls and googly eyes, she can really express her creativity!
8. She still loves Disney Princess and Barbie characters.
9. She still watches Dora from time to time but she isn’t her favorite anymore.
10. She can take a bath by herself already.
11. She enjoys drawing and sketching more than ever!
12. She loves the Lord Jesus and wants to know Him more!
13. She is definitely growing up!
For more Thursday 13… check it here.

Comments

1. Leslie @ Lay It On Me Designs says:

She sounds like an awesome young lady! They grow up way too fast don't they.

2. Mommy Rubz says:

I agree with you Mommy. They grow up too fast right now. My 10 year old girl is now in her pre-teen years and I am so scared. I am going to have a teenager sooner than I expected.

3. Aww… time foes fly, doesn't it?

4. Muthering Heights says:

Awww, that sounds so bittersweet!!!

5. Michelle says:

Did you have your daughter read this? Mine are always so happy when I write about them on my blog.

Michelle

6. One of the greatest joys we moms at home can cherish— Witnessing them grow and develop. And you know deep inside that we did a great job as parents because of the love and support we give them all the time. I'm happy for you Chris…

7. She is growing up fast! And she growing up with arts inclination.

Story Of A Woman

8. Brenda ND says:

Your post makes me smile. Thanks for sharing. Your daughter sounds like a treasure.

9. I am Harriet says:

It's funny how much they accumulate and how much they actually use.

Have a great Thursday!

10. loving that you took time to realize this – some would just fly thru and not notice- woman hood..

11. CountryDew says:

Your daughter sounds very creative and it sounds like you are encouraging that. Good for you both!

My TT: http://bluecountrymagic.blogspot.com

12. Aw she sounds so sweet. They grow up way too quickly don't they. 🙁 Happy TT! This list would be something cool to put in her baby book.

13. Sounds like she is growing up. My daughter just turned 10 and I have been thinking some of the same things lately.

Great list. Thanks for sharing.

14. she is indeed growing up,really fast!