Mommy Moments – Motherly Advice

Mother’s day is going to be celebrated this Sunday already so I would like to wish all participants a happy mother’s day! In line with this special occasion, our theme for the month of May focuses on mothers. Today, I invite you to post some motherly advice you can give to other moms or future moms or your kids. You can choose to post a picture of yourself or you not.

My post today is dedicated to all moms…

Each mom is similar in the way we care, our nurturing ways and in our love for our kids. We might even have similar experiences. We all want to become better moms for our kids. But we also learn that each of us has unique situations that God has brought us into. Some of us might be work at home moms or working moms. No one is better than the other. You are the best mom for your kids. God has appointed you to be the mom of your kids because he knows you are the best mom for him or her. I know that as moms, we often feel frustrated and sometimes, we might have our down moments too. Let us always remember that it is no accident you belong in the family you have now. God has handpicked you for your child. He knows that you can shape, mold and train this child in the way he should go. Of course, we can never do it alone. We need wisdom from God.

As long as we are abiding with the Word of God, we can raise our kids the best way.
Proverbs 22:6 is a very famous verse for us parents…
Train a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it.

So it is very clear that the Bible has mandated us to train the child in the way he should go. So what is the way he should go? We can know that by reading the Bible ourselves. It is rich with parenting guidelines. It is not enough that we know these guidelines, we need to implement them. We may have failed once or twice or more, but it is not too late. God has given us opportunity to change.

The Bible has taught us to seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to us as well. I challenge everyone to check our hearts and seek God first. He is our best guide so we can become better moms for our kids.

God bless you! Happy mother’s day!

Chris

Comments

1. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! Happy Mother's day as well! =)

2. aw. now am hearing from the experts hihih love this theme…

di ako marunong mag advice but i tried 😀 lol hahahha

happy mother's day marce!

Love the verse you shared! Happy Mother's day1

4. training really comes from childhood, from us parents. Happy Mother's Day Chris!

Here's my post.

5. nice A says:

I love that verse, Train up a child… by the wise King Solomon.
    Happy Mother's Day, too, great mom!
    My post is up even if you forgot to remind me, hehehe!

6. Happy Mother's Day Mommy Chris!

7. ceemee says:

Happy Mom's Day, too, Chris! Lovely thoughts.

8. meaningful post. thanks for sharing and Happy mother's day ^_^x

9. Tetcha says:

This is a very good advice to fellow moms.

10. thanks for sharing your thought. i dont know if i'm being emo but i was in tears while reading your post. i get to be weak sometimes and i guess i am now. the frustrations, the hardships, the call for patience is just overwhelming.

thanks again.

11. Carmen Araneta says:

Amen to that. Happy Mother's Day to you, in advance. Be blessed always.

12. Chris Adventures says:

I do not know what happened Chris i cannot put my link in the linky. But anyway, thanks for the motherly advice it is very good. TC Mine is up….Happy Mother's day.

13. -=einz=- says:

Happy Mother's Day!

Been trying to enter my link to be in #17 spot, but wasn't successful.. error encountered… why kaya? =(

14. Andrea-Memories As A Mom says:

Wonderful post! Happy Mother's Day! By the way, there is an award for you on my blog!

15. By MelCole of PA says:

Hi Te Chris. Tried to submit my link many times today but no luck :(. It sez try to delete some files…etc…anyways, here's my link and could you help me post it ones your linky is back, if you could: http://melcoleofpausa.blogspot.com/2010/05/mommy-moments-motherly-advice.html

16. *♥Shydub♥* says:

Happy Mothers day Chris. Very well said and thanks for sharing your expertise when it comes to motherly advice. New mom like me will learn something from what you just share.

17. thanks for sharing mami Chris…very inspiring advice…..happy mother's day!

18. Cecile says:

Thanks for sharing your sound advices, Chris; and Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom 🙂

19. Thanks so much Mommy Chris for sharing those nice words of wisdom. Indeed, we can't go wrong with God's guidance… Happy Mother's Day!!!

20. judys424 says:

Such a nice post. Have a nice Mother's Day celebration! 🙂

21. Ellen Joy says:

Mommy Chris, thanks 4 the advice 🙂 and happy happy mom's day…

On a different note, I've been part of MM since January and I've had so much fun with this meme..Super thank you Mommy Chris for inviting me 🙂

22. ღ pinaymama ღ says:

very inspirational mommy and thanks for sharing this wonderful verse! Happy Mother's day to you and to all mother's out there!