A few months ago, I was asked how I would interpret a Bible verse that says love your neighbor as yourself. Though I am not an artsy person, I tried my best to come up with something. After using some colored paper and scrap album materials, this is what I produced.
It shows a heart that says I love others by inspiring and instructing them. And through this craft, I was able to come up with my vision for my life especially for this year. I believe that we should live intentionally and that every day is a blessing from God, therefore, we ought to live it with a mission and a purpose.
As a stay at home mom, every day can pass by rather quick and sometimes, it can become blurry. With so much chores and kids to care for, one has little time to reflect and ponder on what you have actually done. It may seem that your every day is the same and doesn’t have much purpose but if you have a vision or a goal – then every day life becomes more meaningful and purposeful.
If you still don’t have a vision or a goal for the year, why don’t you set aside some time now and begin to really think it through. Here are some simple tips that can help you get started.
1. Think about how you want this year to be different than the last? What do you really want to accomplish? List them down.
2. Get together with your family and talk about it if necessary.
3. Check your list and summarize your goals into one statement.
4. Share your goal statement with someone. This way, you will be accountable and you will have someone to support you accomplish your goal for the year.
5. Print out your goal where you can see it daily. It will serve as a reminder and an encouragement to you when the tough days come.