As a mom who runs the household and takes care of the needs of the family 24 hours a day 7 days a week, it is important that we give ourselves some time to regroup, be refreshed and be recharged. Different moms have different ways in recharging themselves.
Here are some ways I recharge and regroup myself, without leaving the house:
- I take time to read my Bible. I follow a year long reading plan, meditate daily on the Scriptures and memorize on some key verses.
- I read books. I read a variety of inspirational books, homeschooling related books or parenting books. Sometimes, I also read classics or young adult books.
- I listen to songs. Most of the time, I listen to Contemporary Christian artists or worship songs. Sometimes, when I also listen to the songs I grew up with.
- I send messages to friends. I drop them a note letting them know I think about them and wonder how they are doing on their part of the globe.
- I pray. This is the most therapuetic activity that I do. I not only reconnect with God but also find strength whenever I talk to Him in prayer.
How about you? What do you do to recharge yourself?