Last Saturday, I attended Educating for Life, Homeschool Conference 2014 which was organized by Manila Workshops and The Learning Basket.
Here are 5 things I learned from the conference:
1. The conference was a great place to shop for your homeschooling needs. There were so many booths which included book publishers, mompreneurs, homeschool providers, insurance companies, museums, learning centers and educational toys.
2. There are many parents who are interested in homeschooling their children. Though homeschooling families in the Philippines is roughly just .01% right now, it is encouraging to see so many parents who are considering to take the “road less traveled”.
3. I learned that to become a confident homeschool mom, I need to rely on God’s grace and not on my own abilities nor on my own plans.
4. Filipino Arts, Heritage and Culture can be taught in a fun and creative way! Songs, games and unit studies can be used to achieve this goal.
5. Conquering homeschool fatigue is important and doable.
I am thankful that the Lord allowed me to attend this conference. I was refreshed, rejuvenated and recharged to continue our homeschooling journey.