Happy Friday! Feel free to share any “mommy moment” that happened recently. Create a post and add this badge to your post by copying the HTML codes and pasting it to your post via HTML. Then just enter your name and the URL address of your post below so we can all visit one another and see what you have shared with us this week!
If you want to use other button designs, you can choose from here.
My hubby and I will be celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary in a few days. I am blessed to have been married to a responsible and supportive husband.
In the 11 years of being married, I have learned several lessons and I would like to share them:
– Love is not based on a feeling. There will be days that you don’t feel like serving or even talking to your husband but because you promised to love each other before God and you are committed to one another, you work things out.
– Forgive and let go. Your spouse is not perfect and there will be days that you wonder why you married him in the first place but then just remember no one is perfect – not even you. We all have fallen short, one way or another. The best way to move forward is to forgive.
– Don’t change your spouse. You will not succeed. Instead, pray to God about it and if it is the Lord’s will, you shall see the change you have been waiting for, in His proper time.
– Put Jesus in the center of your life and of your marriage. Circumstances will happen and challenges will come but faith in the Lord will help you through it all.
– Be thankful. It is easy to criticize but hard to be thankful. Change of perspective will help you to be more appreciative of your partner and your life.
– Support and encourage one another. Help each other achieve your life’s goals and dreams. Make the journey of life more meaningful.
– Spend time together. No matter if it is just watching a movie together, reading a book together, finishing a project together or going out on regular dates. This will help keep you intimate and growing in your relationship.
– Know your partner’s love language. It will help you understand one another better and be able to fulfill the emotional needs of your partner.
– Honor and respect each other. As time goes by, we should maintain respect for one another and treat each other with much respect, just like the courtship days.
– For the wife, let your husband lead the family as this is God’s original design for the family. Let us be submissive.
– And for the husband, love your wives! They are not just there to serve you, but they are your partners in life.