I have been shared with you last week that you should watch out for the grand launching of a great parenting resource, The Christian Parenting Handbook by Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller RN, BSN. I have been given an advanced copy to review this book and I must say that it is one of the parenting books you’ll want to have in your shelf.
Here are some reasons why I really like this book:
There are no formulas in parenting but the advices given are practical suggestions which you can easily follow in your own home. The strategies are all heart-centered which would cause a lasting impact in the life of the children.
The chapters are short and easy to read. The book consists of 50 parenting tips and each chapter’s length is just right.
The tips are relationship focused, enabling the parents and the child to look beyond issues and resolve differences together.
As I read the book, I feel encouraged and know that I can do better in parenting. The author doesn’t put down or criticize other parenting styles but encourages parents to try their suggested tips. I know that I am a work-in-progress with my children and the lessons I am learning through this book will be a great help to my parenting.
Here are some lessons I learned through this book:
– Affirm right behavior. Instead of always pointing out your child’s mistakes or weaknesses, as the parent, we should affirm their right behavior more.
– Move from the issue to the process. It is not enough to get the results but how the results were achieved is even more important.
– Teach kids to add energy to family life. The kids need to learn to honor their parents or their siblings so that they eventually can become a good part of the society one day.
– Consequences aren’t the only answer. Children need to know what is the positive thing to do instead of just receiving consequences to their action.
There are so many more good parenting tips so I encourage you to buy a copy of this book. Now, if you have decided to buy this book, I recommend that you buy this book this week. Why? Because if you buy a print copy of The Christian Parenting Handbook between April 29 and May 5 , you get a package of free resources valued at more than $400.00.
There are 8 video, audio and electronic items contained in the Bonus Parenting Package.
Here’s what’s included in the $400 package when you purchase the book!
• The Christian Parenting Handbook electronic versions for iPad, Kindle, Nook or any mobile device ($29.97)
• Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining, and Bad Attitudes, in You and Your Kids Lesson #1Complete Package including Lesson 1 on Video, MP3, Study Guide, and Children’s Lesson. ($59.95)
• Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining, and Bad Attitudes, in You and Your Kids Lesson #2Complete Package including Lesson 2 on Video, MP3, Study Guide, and Children’s Lesson. ($59.95)
• Teach Kids to Listen and Follow Instructions on Video, Workbook, MP3, Study Guide, and Children’s Lesson. ($59.95)
• Correction Ideas that Touch the Heart on Video, Workbook, MP3, Study Guide, and Children’s Lesson. ($59.95)
• Addressing Bad Attitudes in Kids on Video, Workbook, MP3, Study Guide, and Children’s Lesson. ($59.95)
• Everyday Parents CAN Raise Extraordinary Kids Session #1 on Video, MP3, Study Guide, and Children’s Lesson. ($59.95)
• How to Use The Christian Parenting Handbook 30-minute Video ($24.95)
That’s $404.60 of biblical parenting resources forFREE!!!
In addition, you can get The Christian Parenting Handbook Companion Guide (This is a workbook with audio clips that will help you apply the material in The Christian Parenting Handbook.) for free if you purchase 5 copies or more of the book. You can make your purchase from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, BAM (Books A Million), CBD or Parable.
To claim your premium, simply forward your purchase confirmation to Gift@biblicalparenting.org
To celebrate this launching week, the National Center for Biblical Parenting is hosting a mega giveaway!
Also remember to come hang out on Tuesday evening April 30, 2013 at 7:30pm ET. “Live Google Hangout” Don’t forget the Twitter Party on Wednesday evening May 1 at 8:00 pm. Hashtag for the Twitter party is #heartparenting.