When I started my journey as a stay at home mom 9 years ago, I didn’t know what to expect. All I knew was that I wanted to personally care for my child and be there as she grows up. I knew that my lifestyle was about to change and I needed to learn new skills to become effective at home.
I didn’t know how to cook. I never had taken care of an infant before. I didn’t know how to manage the household. I didn’t know where to start. Looking after children below 5 and staying at home is not easy. The schedule can get pretty full and there are so many chores that needs to be done. How can you, as a mom, enjoy staying at home with your kids, when there are so many things that needs to be done at home?
Here are some lessons I have learned over the years:
1. Hire help. You can hire outside help to come at least once a week to your place to help clean up. Just like those carpet cleaner nyc services from the States, you can call someone to clean up your lawn for you, clean the bathroom or do some major cleaning around the house.
2. Plan your day. Make sure you do the important chores for the day and leave the things you can do later for another day. Errands that needs to be done before due date like electricity bills, grocery chores and credit card payments need to be done first.
3. Schedule a “me time” each day. Whether it is an hour of reading a book, watching movies or being online, you need to schedule a time that you do something that can help you relax.
4. Learn to say “no”. You shouldn’t be joining all activities since this can cause additional stress to your family life. Prioritize which social activities are necessary and important.
5. Don’t be afraid to learn new skills. Whenever there are things that you don’t know, don’t fret. Look at it as opportunities to learn new skills and grow as a person.
Amidst all the horror stories we have been hearing, staying at home can be an enjoyable experience. We just need to learn to balance and prioritize.
Do leave a comment if you have any other tips you’d like to share.