When we were in the Singapore last week, we watched the Creatures of the Night show from the Night Safari zoo. We saw one special act which truly amazed us. It was an otter sorting out the trash and placing it in correct garbage bins. It was fun to watch but more than that, the message that we brought home was unforgettable.
As humans, we need to take care of what’s left of earth. In the first place, it was to us humans that God entrusted the care of this world. Unfortunately, because of man’s greediness much of the world is now in total chaos.
We need to teach our kids to take care of the world. They can learn that by practicing the 3Rs. REUSE, REDUCE and RECYCLE.
– Reuse glass containers as vases, food containers and gift containers.
– Reuse papers as gift covers, scratch papers or teaching materials.
– Carpool if possible to reduce the use of gasoline.
– Converse water and energy. Use them wisesly.
– Reuse paper materials to create murals or posters about the 3Rs and share it in your communities.
– Recycle reusable materials by segregating them and selling them to recycling centers.
– Teach the kids which items he can reuse or recycle.
It is never too early to start teaching our kids how to properly take care of our waste products. Teaching them early on will help them become responsible people someday.