With the different security threats we encounter in cyberspace, it can be scary to give our children their own email access. KidsEmail.org knows the hearts of parents so they came up with an awesome idea! My kids can now email safely using KidsEmail.org ‘s Annual Subscription.
KidsEmail has several safety features that I really like. I will mention 6 of them:
- Parents can monitor the emails that each email account receives and send out.You can change settings to allow you to receive a copy of every email they receive or send out. This is important to me because while my children are young, I want to protect them from people who might want to exploit others or from hackers who want to steal identity. I actually discussed this feature with my 12 year old and 7 year old so that they would know about threats they might encounter online. I believe that as we go forward doing this, we are building accountability and trust in each other too.
- Parents can restrict offensive words, ads, links, images or attachments.
We all know how phishing happens. It is important to keep our accounts safe and to avoid being led to suspicious websites that are secretly getting our passwords and other information. Being able to restrict ads, links, images or attachments leads to lesser chance of phishing.Offensive words can also be filtered out before children receive their emails. While children are not yet able to discern what is right from wrong – this feature is a must.
- Parents can manage the family’s activity in one page.I don’t have to go to several pages separately and can actively manage everything from my parent control page. I can change restrictions and see the activity logs of every email account under my parent account.
- KidsEmail can be installed as an app on any device.I can install KidsEmail on my children’s iPad so they can easily retrieve their emails while they are on the go. They don’t have to borrow my computer to login from the web browser all the time. This gives them freedom to email anytime they are allowed to do so.
- Parents can set the time when the children can access their emails.Time restrictions feature is very detailed as you can change the time allowed per day. This is very useful especially if the app is installed on their device. Email can only be checked on certain times of the day to avoid interruptions from school work.
- Parents can easily manage the contact list.There is a setting in which the child’s email account can be set to receive emails only from those included in their contact list. If you have enabled this, it is important that you manage the contact list to ensure that the emails will arrive. If you have multiple accounts under your parent account, you only need to enter the email once and choose to “add for all children”.
There are several screen design options but my children being dog-lovers like this the best!
The monthly price for KidsEmail’s Annual Subscription is just $4.95 which gives you 4 email accounts already. If you want to try it out first, you may get a trial account for 30 days.
Contact KidsEmail.org through their social media accounts :
To read more reviews about KidsEmail.org from other Homeschool Review Crew, please click the banner.