Memorable Moment

Being a stay at home mom for the past 7 years, I have so many wonderful moments with my 2 kids. Each milestone, each achievement, each funny moment, each tearful event, each artwork marks a special place in my heart. If I were to choose only one memorable moment, I would choose our breastfeeding moments. Both my 2 kids were breastfed. Starting to breastfeed my babies were not easy for me. For my first born, it took us 2 months to finally have a steady supply of milk and for her to switch to exclusive breastfeeding. Another factor was that my mother-in-law and my parents weren’t really very sold out to the idea of exclusive breastfeeding so it was a journey that I had to bravely face. For my second born who was hospitalized during his 4th day because of breastmilk jaundice, it was also tough at the beginning. We were still getting used to each other but we were confined in the hospital because doctor said he was too yellowish. Later, it was diagnosed to be because of the breastmilk or lack of breastmilk. After 5 days, we were able to go home already and continue on our journey together.

I have breastfed my daughter for 11 months and my son for 22 months. They were the most intimate bonding moments we had. Every time we nurse, I felt close and I knew that we are forming a bond. After many years, I am so glad that my kids are growing up with a close relationship with me and I believe that it all started with those breastfeeding moments. It wasn’t an easy journey at the beginning but it was all worth it.

I am posting this as my entry for Momma Finally’s Mother’s Day Giveaway

Comments

1. Wow, ang tagal mo palang nag-breastfeed mare. Congrats. isa yan sa mga frustrations ko noon because I breastfeed only for about two months or less sa dalawang anak ko.

2. Congrats mare. If I have one "regret", it would have to be not having been able to breastfeed my kids exclusively even for just 6 months. I wish I was able to brave through the pains. So for this, I salute moms like you and Peh who were really able to keep up breastfeeding.

3. Muthering Heights says:

Personally, I'm unable to maintain lactation long term. But I love the time that I am amble to nurse my babies!

I agree with the intimate bonding we mothers have when breastfeeding.. I breastfed my eldest for 18 months and 24 months with my son.. I miss it!

5. WAHMaholic says:

A very touching story marece. Like Sam, I was not able to breastfeed Svet for very long but I would have to agree that nursing time is a wonderful moment in every mom's life πŸ™‚

6. Breastfeeding is a wonderful thing! My son was breastfed, and he is hardly sick. My eldest, received breastmilk for only a month & while she was not very sickly, her symptoms when she'd be sick, were worse & stayed sick
    longer. Unlike my toddler now, who is hardier & more immune to illnesses. πŸ™‚

7. Mel Cole says:

Glad to know another Stay at home mom like you Mam Chris. Its a tough job but lots of rewards. πŸ™‚

8. I salute you marce for your firm decision on breastfeeding your kids.. it was one of the beauty of being mommy, of being able to nurture your baby even outside your tummy.. kudos!

9. breastfeeding is still best for babies

10. Mom-Friday says:

I also breastfed my second baby for 18 months and it's one of the most memorable phase of my life!

11. Mommy Rubz says:

Congrats Marz for staying strong! Congrats also for being there for your kids. Hirap maging SAHM in this day and age.

12. MaiThreeBoyz says:

Breastfeeding is really a wonderful experience. I salute you for your dedication. Among my three boys, only my third had been breastfeed but that's only for two months. He's much more agile and healthier than his two older brothers. I believe that's because of that short breastfeeding experience.Kudos to you, Chris! You're such an inspiration!

13. genefaith says:

wow tagal mo palang nagbreastfeed marce…ako 3 weeks lang:( sana next time makaya kong magbreastfeed at least 6 months…

14. nakakamiss talaga. kung pwede lang up until 3 years old? awkward. pero meron diba gang 7 years old talaga. pero un nga diba ang bonding! saya!

15. I'm agree na mas nagiging close yung bonding natin with our new born child pag breastfeeding. Btw sis Happy mother's day God bless you. Love Jac;)

16. β™₯β™₯ Willa β™₯β™₯ says:

After one month of frustration with Patrick,I gave up my breasfeeding goal, but thankfull,with Kendrick, we made it thru until he was almost 2 yrs old.

17. Wow! I adore you mommy! Isa rin sa mga frustrations ko ang mag breastfeed cause my daughter did not experienced it. Breastfeeding is indeed a wonderful thing of being a mom πŸ™‚

18. mommy jes says:

yey! i remember us talking about breastfeeding kasi same ng age ang boys ntin and pati weaning and everything! ahhahaha kakatuwa :naalala ko lang πŸ™‚

It's very memorable nga tlga to breast fed….sobrang sarap sa feeling na nanggagaling sau ang nagbibigay ng nutrients sa anak mo πŸ™‚

Happy MOMS day to you!!!

19. kikamz says:

breastfeeding really the best for babies. even if you only get to breastfeed your child for a few months, it really means a lot. and you really cannot deny the fact that it does form a special bond between mother and child. bilib ako sa yo marce at you did not give up on breastfeeding both kyla and toby. and yes, we are lucky being stay at home moms… we get to see our children grow and witness every single milestone. and that is worth more than anything in the world.

20. Chie_Wilks says:

it's true tht when you breastfeed ur baby, it's the most intimate bonding for both of you. when the time come when i'm blessed with a baby, i'll surely breastfeed him/her

21. melandria says:

Hmm, buti ka pa nga nakapag pa breastfeed ako as in wala kasi ayaw lumabas ng gatas. Frustrating pero maybe it's not my luck lang talaga. Congrats for you.

22. how i wish nakapag breastfeed din ako ng matagal. isang month lang ako, kulang ang milk ko e… i hope i can breastfeed longer!

23. Ohhh, those breastfeeding moments when you had your children so very close to your heart are truly precious ones. Not all moms are able to breastfeed exclusively.

24. If only I could turn back time, I would love to breastfeed the kids longer. But because of health reasons, I was restricted by my kid's first Pedia. I was completely disheartened. But I agree that breastfeeding is really one of a mother's memorable bonding moment…I hope this comment is not too late…Hope to see you around because I'm back.

25. Being able to breastfeed and feel our babies close to us are indeed times we cherish. I would have wanted to breastfeed longer but I was overcome by challenges. I hope that with my third, I won't get so discouraged and be as brave as you were.

26. that is amazing!! I hope expectant parents and younger Moms are reading this.

Mahirap talaga sa una, but when you get used to it and think of all the health benefits for the Mom and the baby, nothing beats breastfeeding.

27. I breastfed my two daughters too and I could say that those moments are wonderful. Breastfeeding is an intimate bonding moment between mother and a child!

28. The Pepperrific Life says:

Good for you, you were able to breastfeed them :). I also am a staunch advocate of this. I exclusively breastfed my daughter too.

29. my mother breastfed us all and we also breastfed our kids. I can say we grew close to my mom and so are my children to me, that's the wonder of breastfeeding and I'm glad you did too.

30. I hope i can say the same, but i worked most of my daughters growing up years and am only catching up now. My only regret was they were influenced by other people and not me and that's something i am correcting until now. Am really happy for you πŸ™‚

31. One Proud Momma says:

I breastfed both my sons for just a few months and I'm glad I was able to experience nursing them close to my heart. Those were cherished moments I wouldn't forget.

Good luck sis!

32. rjs mama says:

you're very right sis, bonding moment talaga ng mommy and baby yan. son ko 2years and 5 mos ngbreastfeed.

bilib din ako sa pghomeschool mo sa kanila πŸ™‚

33. Hi Mommy! πŸ™‚

Breastfeeding is not easy, I know, both my kids were breastfed for 2 years, my son was harder to wean but after 2 years and 6 months, I just had to wean him.. πŸ˜€

Visiting you from PMC.. πŸ™‚

34. Kudos to you for exclusively breastfeeding. Ako naman, mixed feeding, hindi ko na kaya magpump kasi nagwowork din ako.

35. sHeNgKaY says:

..wow! tagal mong nag breasfed mommy..ay ako 2months lang. I have to work kasi. I know its not enough reason pero i had no choice mahirap kasing yung your working tapos rearing alone of the baby. I wish mas matagal akong nakapag-breastfed kay Iris.

36. Spanish Pinay says:

Chris, thanks for dropping by my site. I love it everytime you drop by and leave a message πŸ™‚

Congratulations on choosing right and fighting for it inspite of the obstacles. Really, it's sad how even our parents would insist on doing formula instead of supporting us about breastfeeding. I think we are slowly losing our values and knowledge about how breastfeeding is the most important primary food babies can receive during infancy. NOTHING can match breastmilk. I don't know why many of the moms now a days have difficulties on breastfeeding when it is the most natural thing the world. Women are made to be able to breastfeed… No trainings necessary but I guess because of the world getting more and more into modernization, women start to lose the natural instinct and knowledge about breastfeeding… Hay I can go on and on but I guess enough for now πŸ™‚ I don't want to create a blog-long comment on your blog entry haha.

Drop by my site more often I normally write entries about breastfeeding πŸ™‚

See you around!

37. ManileΓ±a Mom says:

My two kids were also fully breastfed, but I never really had any problems with my milk, and I have to thank my ex's grandmother for it. She was the one who prepared the malunggay soup for me. It was a warm welcome and surprise for me because I never expected it. Grabe, if I tell you that I never had anything but malunggay as my ulam, as in yun lang talaga because it helped me to lactate. I breastfed my son until he was two and my daughter until she was 8 months only because she's forming a different habit then. I don't know if malunggay capsule still exist, pero I used to take that before to help me produce milk.

They say iba talaga ang breastfed babies, hindi masyadong matigas ang ulo and they tend to be close with the mother.

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog Riza Written!

38. hi! I also breastfed my two babies.. can't compare the feeling of being a mother!! Isa talaga sa mga wonder ng buhay!
    saka, thanks sa pagdropby sa blog ko…

39. cristina says:

I only breastfeed for 2 months, though its a short time, it is also the best memorable moment for me as a mom.

40. Mommy Liz says:

I believe that breastfeeding your kids are always the best. I breastfed all my 4 children. The longest ever was Wrozlie and AJ, and I can tell that they are too close to me. I know that thru breastfeeding, you form a bond with your children.

41. freebiesoverload says:

Indeed, breastfeeding your baby is a very memorable moment, mas nagiging close and bonded. Mas lumalakas din an immune system nila, less magkaroon ng sakit. And congrats Ate Chris dahil nanindigan ka to breastfeed your kids. =)

42. if it will make you feel better….i really wanted to breastfeed when my son needed it, but no matter what i do that time, there was no milk….tried everything…but still no milk…i was worried…good thing my son grew up healthy and strong with the help of formula milk…

congrast for being able to breastfed your kids!

43. that is one thing i envy the most with SAHMs, the time they get to spend with their kids. How i wish i could be the same. Hats off to you for being a patient and persistent breastfeeding mom, its the best nutrition we can ever give our kids.

enjoy the rest of the week
    I Love Darly!
    Food and Passion

44. I envy you for breastfeeding for kids that long. It's sad that i breastfed rj for only 2 months as I wasn't able to maintain lactation. My milk supply was gone in a snap.

45. Clarissa says:

I salute you for your dedication of breastfeeding your kids.Meron ibang mommies na kahit maraming gatas,ayaw magpa-breastfeed.Meron namang mommies na gustong magpa-breasfeed pero walang gatas.

46. I was only able to breastfeed my daughter for a little more than two months so I really admire you for being able to do it for 22 months … πŸ™‚

47. Kudos Marce Chris! ^_^
    Like you I breastfed my 4 offspring.
    I believed that there's an intimate bonding between the infant & the mother when you breastfeed them.
    God bless.

48. Pde pa ba habol? It's good to know that you breastfed your kids for a long time, Chris. Matgal na para sa akin un 22 mos kasi saglit ko lang talga nabreastfed yung kids ko. πŸ™ I just wish I was blessed with more milk then.

49. ~wickedlysexy c",? says:

wow, it is nice to hear mom's choosing to breastfeed even if they can afford to buy formulas…

personally, i breastfed my kid for 2 years and yes, that was exclusive…i know that is the reason why he is so healthy and we are really so close…sabi nga nila iba ang bonding pag nagbreastfeeding si Mommy…

50. I miss breastfeeding my kids. It was one of my regrets as Mom. I was only able to breastfed them for two months.. πŸ™

51. chikadoraforjesus says:

breastfeeding rocks! it really takes commitment to do it. i've had my own struggles with breastfeeding the first time i tried it but with God's help and through constant practice, my baby and i became successful at it! i wish i would be able to breastfeed as long as you did. i agree, there's nothing like the bond shared during those nursing sessions.:)

52. Pinay Mama says:

nung una, ayaw ko magbreastfeed kasi hindi na ako makakaalis ng bahay. but when I start breastfeeding Elijah, dun ko naramdaman na isa na kong tunay na ina. πŸ™‚ Elijah is still breastfeeding until now and I am not forcing him to use bottle. I don't care kung magbreastfeed sya until 5 years old. πŸ™‚

Hope you find time to visit my entry too: http://pinaymama.com/2011/05/my-most-memorable-moment-as-a-mother/

53. Mommy Trish says:

i envy you mommy for having breatfed your babies that long! those are truly precious bonding moments. πŸ™‚

54. Oh, I envy you sis.. I only breastfed both of my children for only 2 weeks. Kahit gusto ko at ng doktor, pero they advised me not to. May health problem kasi ako πŸ™

Congrats sis!

55. mommy lace says:

True! Breastfeeding can be hard and difficult at first. And painful too whenever you are lazy to pump out milk and baby doesn't want to feed.

I cannot imagine not breastfeeding my 11 month old now πŸ™‚

56. Thats surely a memorable moment with your kiddos.. I feel guilty now as I did not breastfeed my kids for long.. my first born was only for 3 months.. second child only for a month.. and my 3rd child.. also not for long.. its not my choice, wala lang talagang milk.. besides I am a working mom.. πŸ™‚

57. firstwivesclub says:

Just weaned my 2 year old from the breast. So worth it. πŸ™‚

58. neva | manilamommy says:

my kid and i were never able to latch and so i was never able to breastfeed my son (my whole story's story's here: my non-breastfeeding story ) i am a big advocate of breastfeeding though and a cheerleader for breastfeeding moms πŸ™‚ but for moms like me who never got to breastfeed their kids, don't get discouraged! πŸ™‚

59. mjrodriguez says:

hi chris, i didn't breastfeed my babies long. at the most mga 4 months lang. but i agree with you that those are the very first bonding moments that you have. even till now, when my kids jump in the bed with me, they curl up in the exact same way when i was breastfeeding them. some sort of reminiscing moment i suppose. πŸ™‚

60. Wow, I envy you for having breastfed your kids. I was only able to do it for 1 month because I had to go back to work. I agree that everything about motherhood is special and the rewards are all too special too!

61. congrats on breastfeeding for long πŸ˜‰ breastfeeding is love!

62. Congrats to you for being able to breastfeed your kids. I was only able to breastfeed my girls for 1 month before I went back to work. That was almost 10 yrs ago. With my new baby boy, I really intended to breastfeed exclusively for at least 6 mos but it didn't happen. He had trouble latching and I had to keep pumping. Did that for a month too until I had to give up when we lost our helper. With everything that needs to get done here at home, it became increasingly hard to breastfeed. But I'm still a breastfeeding supporter. πŸ˜€ Kudos to you!

63. I wish I was able to breastfeed my son that long, but my medical condition, which required me to take medications, prevented me from doing so. Glad to hear you're successful in that area of motherhood in both Kyla and Toby!

64. Cheerful says:

wow, you’re such one of those amazing mom that i knew…galing for doing it even for more than 6months. i agree it was hard, even for me in few days walang milk but she’s still sucking because that’s what the doctor wants! i gave birth in the hospital (mmc) na super encourage ang breastfeeding, ayaw nila bigyan ng formula milk kahit walang makuha, just giving her special water (forgot what it is called) and fed her using a cup not a bottle. naiiyak pa ako kasi masakit pero um-okey din later on, i wish i did longer too, but due to travel and work, i can’t…but still happy i was able to breastfed them! have a great day!

65. This is a very nice sharing for moms and would-be moms. Cheers to the bond that was formed early on with you and your kids which breastfeeding strengthened.

66. Chris is one of my mentors in breastfeeding. If not for her support I would not have thought I could successfully breastfeed my baby. Thanks Chris and goodluck!

67. I always look forward to “MOMMY TIME” or “LOVE LOVE TIME” as my kids call it. Quality time and quantity time are both very important for both parents and kids to form a bond, to create trust, to build character and to learn from one another. Thanks for sharing this post to me. Do check my blog when you have time – http://www.herdailydigest.com

68. wow mommy Chris buti ka pa matagal ka nakapag breastfeed ako 4 months lang kasi I need to go back to work. swerte ng mga anak mo πŸ™‚

69. ako mommy Chris, I have breastfed my son for 26 months πŸ™‚ nilubos-lubos talaga ng baby ko ang gatas galing sa kanyang ina ehehe:)

70. christine says:

hi ! here i am again trying to post my comment ! hope this goes thru na.I admire you for bein a breastfeeding mom ! alam mo naman ako, ganun din ! Nio is 1 yr 4months na, and still bfed ! Si Anya 8months lang, so i prmised to myself il do better with Nio. And here i am doin just that. Hope to bfeed Nio for as long as I can. Hmmm. siguro until he is 2 yrs old ! di ko maimagine na til 4yrs old haha !

71. it was one of my frustrations that i was not able to breastfeed my son, for some reasons he just wouldn’t latch + when he does my milk is simply not enough for him, i’d cry + beg him to take in even a little of my milk but he simply won’t, in the end i had to give in + feed him with formula anyway! that is why i really salute moms who breastfeed their children, it wasn’t an easy job to do….kudos to you mommy chris πŸ™‚